Just about everyone is concerned with identity theft. Some of your most valuable papers end up in the trash, a place where identity thieves can easily steal your personal information. Then there's your mailbox. Increasingly thieves are going into the mailboxes of residents in condos, apartment buildings and homes to get information that can make them money.
You can prevent identity theft by picking up your mail as soon as possible after it arrives and by shredding personal papers that you don't need before you throw them into the trash.
Wize.com rates paper shredders. Here are the top 5 with their ratings.
1. Royal 150MX (Cross-Cut) Shredder rated 98
2. Royal 29125Z Short Crosscut Shredder rated 98
3. Fellowes DS-1 Shredder rated 96
4. Fellowes Powershred DS-1 9-inch feed confetti-cut paper shredder rated 96
5. Fellowes Microshred Shredder,10Sht. Cap.,6.4 Gal. rated 95