If you're looking for a camcorder that you can just turn on and start videotaping, wize.com has a list of the ones that are easiest to use.
Here's the top 5--
1. Sony DCR-DVD108 At around $300, this camcorder weighs 16 lb., has a 1/6" CCD, uses a memory stick pro memory card. Shown to the left.
2. Thomson EZ201 At around $85, this camcorder weighs .22 lb, uses a SD memory card.
3. Sony Handycam DCR-SR42 Costs about $500.
4. Sony Handycam DCR-SR200 At about $650, this camcorder weighs 1.15 lb. and uses flash media. This camcorder also has One touch video to DVD. That means you hook it up your camcorder via the base that comes with the it to your computer with DVD burner and USB connection or DVD recorder then just press one button and it starts recording to your blank DVD.
5. Canon ZR800 Weighs about .83 lb CCD is 1/6"