Yes, people are waiting for the Panasonic Toughbook CF-U1, but the company has a whole line of Toughbooks worth looking at. The most notable is the super-durable Toughbook 19.
That computer comes with a full magnesium alloy case, mobile broadband and GPS.
If you're the type of person who spills coffee on your PC's keyboard, then Toughbook 19's for you. It has a spill-resistant keyboard and sealed ports and components. The Ft. Myers police department conducted tests on the machine like running over them with cars and the Toughbook survived.
The Toughbook also has a touchscreen (it's a tablet notebook).
Here are the specs for the machine:
• Genuine Windows Vista® Business (with XP downgrade option)
• Intel® Centrino® processor technology with Core™ 2 Duo
• Integrated 802.11 a/b/g wireless LAN
• 10.4" daylight-readable color LCD swivels for optimum visibility
• Simultaneous access to wireless WAN, wireless LAN, BluetoothTM and GPS
• Pressure-sensitive touchscreen can be used with a stylus or the touch of a finger (also available with pen-only digitizer screen)
• 5.1 lbs., lightweight design
• Full magnesium alloy case with handle
• Moisture- and dust-resistant LCD, keyboard and touchpad
• Sealed port and connector covers
• Shock-mounted removable hard drive in stainless steel case
• Mobile broadband ready for Alltel, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon Wireless networks